Frankincense (Boswellia serrata) pure essential oil, also known as olibanum, is mainly used as a natural treatment of chronic inflammatory diseases; including rheumatoid arthritis, bronchial asthma and osteoarthritis.
Essential oils are highly concentrated plant essences. The ingestion of essential oils is not recommended without prior advice from your health care practitioner. Dilute in a carrier or base when necessary.
USES & BENEFITS
- Lowers inflammation
- Capable of fighting pain in addition to inflammation
- Can be used in treatment of arthritis, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, bursitis, tendonitis, bronchial asthma, chronic colitis, ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease
- Natural antidepressant – can help relieve depression and anxiety
- Popular oil for meditation
- Speeds up healing from infections
HOW TO USE
- Blend a few drops with a carrier oil to use as a massage oil
- Add a drop or two to a carrier oil or your favourite moisturiser to help before applying to face and skin
- You can add a few drops to wet towel and apply as a cold compress to soothe any specific area of the body.
- Boswellia serrata and turmeric share many similar properties and research suggests that they be even more effective when used together
- Use prior to yoga and mediation – just rub a drop in the palm of your hands and bringing them towards your face, inhale deeply
Best not to use during pregnancy